Fisher Price Kid Tough 0.3mp digital camera

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got my 4 year old daughter the Fisher Price Kid Tough digital camera. It comes in pink and blue; of course everybody knows that pros use pink cameras.

It will shoot approximately 60 480x640 jpegs with the in-camera memory. It has a slot for a SD card; 1gb will hold 8500+ photos.

The viewfinder is binocular, which is supposed to be easier for kids. The viewfinder parallax is horrible, but it also has a live LCD screen on the back. The shutter release delay is close to a second. The live viewfinder stops the display as soon as the shutter button is pushed though, taunting you for a second with the photo you would have actually taken if there was no delay.

It has a built in flash that automatically decides when to fire. It's pretty much only good from 4 to 7.5 feet. It's placed in the center, close to the lens for maximum redeye effect.

It has a hand grip on either side, and five buttons: shutter release, power, delete, scroll through pics this way, and scroll through pics that way.

This is about the worst camera I've ever seen. My daughter loves it!!! :) I'll post some pics soon.

Over indulging her with a high level pro camera eh? :))

Ya gotta start somewhere. Good luck and keep her going.

Hehe, that's so cute! I wish they made a pink dslr (or film slr) so I could have one too. I wonder what would be the consequences of painting my camera body pink....

I was waiting for the "I'm new to photography and my best friend is paying me $10,000 to do her wedding. I have a Fisher Price 0.3MP digital camera..... should I buy a tripod?" question.

Look forward to the pictures!!

Rob

Rob said:
"I'm new to photography and my best friend is paying me $10,000 to do her wedding. I have a Fisher Price 0.3MP digital camera..... should I buy a tripod?"

Hilarious! Unfortunately there is no tripod socket, or place to attach a cable release.

*waves hand*My camera is pink too. I spray painted it myself. But for some reason all my pictures come out solid pink. I think I am going to buy a 400 dollar wide angle lens and see if that fixes the problem.

EBphotography said:
*waves hand*My camera is pink too. I spray painted it myself. But for some reason all my pictures come out solid pink. I think I am going to buy a 400 dollar wide angle lens and see if that fixes the problem.

It's because you forgot to use the rule of thirds. You have to use that on all photos.

And it's probably a nikon. Because canon's are better and don't take pink pictures.

So there...

And you don't need a wide angle lens. I've always used by kit lens and it works just fine

Maybe if I stood on a ladder while I took the picture...

Torus34 said:
Oh, wow! A digital Holga at last! Any sign of 'creative' light leaks?

The Holga seems sophisticated compared to this. This camera is the ultimate point-n-shoot. There are no choices available except where you point it.

The scary thing is that it reminds me of my first digi-cam, a Kodak DC-50 I bought back in the mid 90s. Except the Kodak cost $2000 then.

"The scary thing is that it reminds me of my first digi-cam, a Kodak DC-50 I bought back in the mid 90s."

We're still running a Kodak DC240 P&S. Tough little machines, those.

Most reactions

Back