Fisheye for Canon EOS 450D

Sievers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys

I would like to get into fisheye techniques and therefore need some advice on which lense to choose :)
Im on a fairly moderate budget so it cant be too expensive sadly.

Cheers

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Will a 15mm lens give a full circle fisheye image on a 450D? I have an old manual focus Haminex 7mm and it will not give the full circle.

Dont get a full frame fisheye for you 450d, it looks more like a wide angle than a fish.

I have a sigma 10mm f2.8 and love it.

The Wave by Summit42, on Flickr

I have the new 8-15. It is super cool. I use it on 1.3 crop and FF. 15mm on the 1.3 crop loses a lot of the fisheye look, so I would not buy a 15mm for your 450. Maybe go for the 8-15 if you plan to change bodies in the future or for a cheaper option, go for the sigma 10mm.

There's no point in getting a 15mm for a 450D, not if you're after fisheye effects, as on a 1.6x crop factor it acts like 24 wideangle! You've said you're on a tight-ish budget so that rules out the 8-15L, since it's gonna cost you the thick end of $1500, if it ever actually makes it out of Japan! For a flexible fisheye type zoom look at the Sigma 8-16 (effectively a 13-26) or for ultra wide try the Sigma 4.5.

Does anyone know if there is much crop factor when using the canon 60d and opteka 6.5mm fisheye together? I'm after the full frame 180 degree fisheye look using my canon 60d (APS-C sensor)
any help will be appreciated

Most reactions

New Topics

Back