fisheye for nikon 18-200mm

lexaniji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!.

Im looking for a fisheye lens for my nikon 18-200mm vr1 lens. Im kinde new to dslr stuff

So i thought maybe you guys could help me out!

Kind regards!

It's always better to get a dedicated lens rather than a cheap filter. I'd look at a bower 8mm f/3.5 lens. Its cheap but it works fairly well. I got mine for about $250. It doesn't meter and you have to manual focus but for 250 you get what you pay for

I see. I'm 16 y/o, i dont got that kind of money lol. I was thinking about a Opteka 0,2x one. But its for 52 mm i guess. Any alternatives for the opteka one? Because i dont think there is a adapter for 52 to 72? lol. Again i'm new into photography.

I'll second the motion.

Take cbrowns' advice..... save your money and invest in a lens instead of spending (and ultimately wasting) it on a glass paperweight. Been there, done that, regretted it.

If you need a FE in short order, consider renting one. Or join a local photo club.... maybe someone will let you borrow one. 16, huh? Does your school have anything?

OP is young, broke, and experimenting with photography. I don't see anything wrong with buying cheaper alternatives in this case. I will say, however, that the filter you're looking at is used for 52mm FILTER sizes (different from 52mm focal length). This is basically the diameter of the front of your lens and is threaded so that filters can be attached. The lens that you have is 72mm. You can buy adapters to step your 72mm threads down to 52mm BUT you are going to get serious vignetting using that combo (more-so than a dedicated fisheye).

yeah , i started with a $45 screw on fisheye on my 18-55mm.
image quality suffered with it, but it was a fun little lens.

but using that i found that i loved the wide angle, and now i have a $2000 14-24mm 2.8

so if you have no money buy the fisheye adaper and try it out,
suck to spend a ton of money on a good lens and find out you dont really like shooting wide angle.

Don't... It's. Piece of crap, u won't use it. Complete waste of money. If I were you I would simply shoot my 18-200 at 18, or sell the 18-200 amd get a 18-55 which is MUCH SHARPER and a sigma 10-20. Here is the thing, I know u don't have money now but if u spend it on that useless filter that Is money u are tsking away from savings of a proper lens. If u just want a fisheye effect than do it post. The filter won't make ur 18mm much wider it will just distort and give tiny bit more angle. Completely useless.

oh well, guess he isnt coming back :p

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back