Fisheye lens.

xScorch Muffinx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I bought a new camera the other day that came with an attached fisheye lens and I was wondering if anyone had any tips about how to use it.
It uses 35mm film if that helps.

Btw, if this is in the wrong section please tell me.

Get in close, a true "fisheye" for 35mm will give a very distorted view apart from the very centre of the frame, they are extremely expensive and not much good for general use, I'd suggest selling it as it will possibly get you enough cash for several other lens which you can use day to day. H

I guess you bozght the lomography fisheye-thingy? A friend of mine has one of those, looks like a fun thing to play around a bit. I guess you should use an ISO 400-film, because if I remember correctly, the aperture is fixed to F8.

I guess you bought the lomography fisheye-thingy? A friend of mine has one of those, looks like a fun thing to play around a bit. I guess you should use an ISO 400-film, because if I remember correctly, the aperture is fixed to F8.
Yup, thats what I got. It was like $50. That's what I was using but only 19 of the 24 pictures appeared. Is this normal? I haven't really used actual FILM before.

Thre is a big difference between a fisheye lens, and an fisheye attachment optic.

These are the some feature that are in Fisheye lens.
1 Removable fish-eye lens mounts easily to your cell phone or digital camera’s lens
2 Can be mounted by the included magnet or double-sided tape
3 Includes lens cap to protect lens when not in use
4 Creates a fun fish-eye effect for your pictures!

This one is interesting. It is true that the fisheye is not a lens to use all the time. It is certainly not one to keep attached to one's camera while walking around. But when the right photo does come along, and you have the fisheye in your bag, it can create stunning photos over which normal people ooh and aah.

Make The Lines Work With You
As you know, the fisheye distorts straight lines into ridiculous curves. Straight lines, depending on where they are in the photo can be pulled a lot, a little, or not at all. The farther they are from the the center line of the photo, the more distortion there is. The closer the line is to the midpoint of the X or Y axis of the lens, the straighter the line will be.

For example, on the photo below, there is immense distortion on the bleachers and moderate distortion on the press box. The curved bleachers lead directly out of the photo. The lines are working against the photo here. The middle of the photo, where there is no distortion, is a green field, and there is nothing interesting going on there. This photo could have worked if the horizon line were straight, and if the bleachers and the press box were symmetric on either side of the photo. This same photo, taken with a normal lens, would actually be very good.

Make The Distortion Work For You
Badly distorted people look bad, just like badly distorted lines. They don't lead you out of the photo, and they don't affect the point of entry, usually, but they do make the subjects look stupid. This can work to your detriment. If you have someone on the edge of the photo, that person's head and feet will be in the same place, but the person's waist will be somewhere else completely! Remember, people are straight lines, too!

I think no one really understood, what the OP actually bought. It's this:

lomo_fisheye_2.jpg

It's a cheap film camera with a cheap lens. i don't think it's a true fisheye tue, it has an angle of view of 170° I think. It's not an interchangable lens, and definaltely not near high quality, just a fun thing to fool around with.

Most reactions

Back