Fisheye lens

Can anyone recommend a decent fisheye lens for nikon mount. It would be greatly appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought the 8-15 AF-S for 1150€ here: Nikon AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens

This one is very very decent and can do poth the circular and the diagonal

If it should be a little cheaper try the 3.5/16: Nikon

Neither will be circular on a DX body.

Who has a DX body?

Can anyone recommend a decent fisheye lens for nikon mount. It would be greatly appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought the 8-15 AF-S for 1150€ here: Nikon AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens

Who has a DX body?

I have a D7100 which if I remember correctly is a DX body. I think i might go with a full frame fisheye instead or the circular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a D500 and a D850. The recommended lens is phantastic on both

Who has a DX body?

Rampage. Check his signature.

You absolutely do NOT want to use a FX fisheye on a DX camera. The fisheye effect is mostly gone in that constellation. You'll just have a 24mm lens with strong distortion, but not really much of a fisheye effect.

But the other way around works nicely, especially if you also circumcise the 10.5mm DX. Then you *almost* have a circular fisheye. Plus the DX fisheye is cheaper than the FX fisheye. Plus if you cut the fisheye potion out and leave the black borders out, you can use 1:1 format instead of 3:2 which makes the fisheye effect even more visible. Plus of course fisheye lenses dont really have that much resolution in the first place, so thats not really that much of a loss either.

Thats also the cheapest way to get a fisheye. Since I'm not sure how often I will even be using this specific effect, I have prefered this option.

Just picked up a 16mm f/2.8 AF-d full frame fisheye for full frame. Wife actually wanted it.

Most reactions

Back