Fisheye Lenses - boring subject, but I need some advice!!!!

jaybag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I use an 8mm Sigma fisheye lens for work, over exposing and underexposing by 2 stop increments, for high resolution blah blah blah (i don't want to bore you).

My boss hates the sigma lens, especially when at long exposure and it bleeds around the edges of the image.

I use a Canon 1ds Mk 2 and I know they have released an 8-15mm fisheye lens but I do not want to spend that sort of money!!!!!!!! (approx. $USD1500)

I keep seeing a Bower lens and a Falcon lens. Are they comparable to the Sigma?

Can anyone show me a Bower fisheye image (or something similar, Rokinon, Falcon, Samyang) and especially at a long exposure (low light F3.5, ISO320, exp. 1 sec or in daylight F22, ISO 100, exp. half a second). I would love to compare.

Terrible, pain in the rear end request, I know, but I can't find a place in Atlanta to rent this lens to test.

I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

I just posted an example of the Sigma bleed I was talking about at long exposure.

Hi guys,

I use an 8mm Sigma fisheye lens for work, over exposing and underexposing by 2 stop increments, for high resolution blah blah blah (i don't want to bore you).

My boss hates the sigma lens, especially when at long exposure and it bleeds around the edges of the image.

I use a Canon 1ds Mk 2 and I know they have released an 8-15mm fisheye lens but I do not want to spend that sort of money!!!!!!!! (approx. $USD1500)

I keep seeing a Bower lens and a Falcon lens. Are they comparable to the Sigma?

Can anyone show me a Bower fisheye image (or something similar, Rokinon, Falcon, Samyang) and especially at a long exposure (low light F3.5, ISO320, exp. 1 sec or in daylight F22, ISO 100, exp. half a second). I would love to compare.

Terrible, pain in the rear end request, I know, but I can't find a place in Atlanta to rent this lens to test.

I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.
IIRC the Bower, Samyang, Rokinon, Vivitar, blah, blah, blah.... fisheye, are all the same lens with different branding. It's made by Samyang, and it has a pretty good reputation.

I'm pretty sure there are several reviews online. Check at DP Rewiew.

Most reactions

Back