fishing boats

bateauxcoleurs3.jpg

You posted your image as a link...it's much better to post it as an actual image. use

Well its an interesting look here, but to add critique, I think with a shot like this, camera info is important... I'm guessing the lighting here is supplied by the lighting around the docks??? although the shadows in the water might be telling a different theory...

what are these , some kind of tour boats?? odd that the boat names are all three in nearly the same script.... anyway, throw up some info...

i noticed it looks like you cropped the top 15% or so off, and added it again to the original?

other than that, a lot seems off to me. it looks like you tried to edit out the sky, and missed quite a few spots and IMO, it makes the whole image look fake. everything from the deck on up just looks off to me.

hopefully you dont take offense to my comments, but im just being honest and "calling it as i see it".

i noticed it looks like you cropped the top 15% or so off, and added it again to the original?

other than that, a lot seems off to me. it looks like you tried to edit out the sky, and missed quite a few spots and IMO, it makes the whole image look fake. everything from the deck on up just looks off to me.

hopefully you dont take offense to my comments, but im just being honest and "calling it as i see it".

I first looked at this and thought it was three model boats I was seeing. If thats what you were going for thats cool. Good job.

boogaguy.... I'm pretty sure you nailed this , was thinking water looked like a piece of plexi-glass.... hmmmmmmmm? note the tie off to middle boat is also not under water at any point..

Look like fishing tour boats getting ready to go out for the night. Nice color.

The lighting too is wierd. Look at the shadows the boats cast on the water.
The background too while black like night time it doesn't look natural.
Something is very off about this.

Must be good though because we are all really examining it and talking about it.

to illustrate the parts that seem off to me, i circled most of them in yellow.

317dbd69.jpg

like i said, the top looks like it was a crop of the top 15% or so percent added to the top of the original, and the rest of what i circled looks like parts that were missed when the background was removed and turned black.

i have no idea if this was shot as-is, or done in Photoshop, so i may be totally wrong, but the top part i circled is obviously cropped and added.

b596a328.jpg

c00773fb.jpg

youll notice what you see above looks like his original image, but if you look, its actually 2 images, the top part that was cropped and added, and the bottom portion without the added part on top.

This is getting stranger the more I look. No shadows on cabin(?) light coming in from all over the place. Odd shadows in water.

Its almost like stadium lighting.
I work and live on a boat a majority of the year and Ive never seen a scene like this.

Its almost like stadium lighting.
I work and live on a boat a majority of the year and Ive never seen a scene like this.

That's it, I bet you got it- stadium lighting.

Night tour fishing boats. All the lights would help keep tourist/fishermen from walking off into the water.

Well, I certainly stimulated a lot of discussion. Thanks for noticing the problem at the top of the frame...partial duplication. I am not sure how that happened but it can be corrected easily.

I was experimenting and not finished all the necessary careful Photoshop repairs and was trying to see what would be noticed.

They really are fishing boats on real water at a dock on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. What is "off" is some of the colours, since they were done in daylight using a software colour solarization filter in postprocessing. The bright fog in the sky changed to black, as did the light coloured boat cable in the water. The white area at the top of the boats turned to gold.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

skieur

:(
bateauxcoleurs3.jpg

You posted your image as a link...it's much better to post it as an actual image. use tags rather than [url] tags. (picture button rather than link button)[/quote]

The picture button gives me a url prompt, so I am still lost as to how to post it as an actual image with IMG tag.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back