Fishy

zombiekilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
totentanz.darkverselight.com
our local pet store is running a contest for their new ad campaign. I have been trying something a little different for me. Most people have been submitting cats and dogs so I decided to try fish. But before I submit it I was wondering what you guys thought of it. They are household fish so they can be retaken.

my fav:
bluefish.jpg

2nd:
orangefish.jpg

(its hard to photograph fish)

The first one looks much better - it's sharp and in focus. In the 2nd, the plant by the fish's head is more in focus than the fish.

Yeah, it's hard to photograph fish..They move around so fast and it's hard to keep them in focus. Time, trial and error will eventually yield good results. ;)

agreed, fish are hard to photograph, mostly due to their unpredictable movement, but shoot no flash, and learn to pan :) shooting with an iso of around 400 can help quicken up your shutter speeds and also keep noise to a minimum as well as, and i'd use f4 or so to keep the less itneresting plants from being the point of attention.

i can sit shooting jellyfish at the aquarium for hours :)

if you want me to post a few of my better shots, let me know and i will :)

meotter said:
agreed, fish are hard to photograph, mostly due to their unpredictable movement, but shoot no flash, and learn to pan :) shooting with an iso of around 400 can help quicken up your shutter speeds and also keep noise to a minimum as well as, and i'd use f4 or so to keep the less itneresting plants from being the point of attention.

i can sit shooting jellyfish at the aquarium for hours :)

if you want me to post a few of my better shots, let me know and i will :)
Please do! Id love to see them!

Most reactions

Back