Fitness shoot

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was pumped how these came out. I know there are a few things to work on (some blown highlights) but let me know what you think!

1) I know this is out of focus on her face and on the weight, I was wide open at 1.8 trying to to get the lighting right. The main focus is obviously her arm.

Nancy1-2.jpg

2) My favorite
Nancy14-2.jpg

3)
Nancy19-2.jpg

4)
Nancy22-2.jpg

5) Wish I had her whole body in this shot
Nancy60-2.jpg

6)
Nancy53-2.jpg

7)
Nancy95-2.jpg

8)
Nancy161-2.jpg

9)
Nancy174-2.jpg

Did you use any flash on these? Besides the problems you already mentioned, I have found that using a little flash helps light up under the eyes. It can also help on metering on the sky and then using flash to light the subject to avoid the blown out skies. I'm still perfecting that technique myself :)

Oh, also on #8, I was given some advice the other day to blur under-arms of women in poses like this. It really did help.

1.) I think it's too tightly cropped, you could give more space over her head, and crop from waist. Two different colours on lights - not good. It may look better on bw. Flashlight would have been great. :) Hair is too dark.

Almoust in all gympics, there are some straight lines on backround, they should be straight, now they are a bit not.

5th shot, the pool isn't straight, backround is messy and there aren't enough blur, f seems to be 8, a bit small (or big number) in 50mm?

6th I like most. :) Other hand could have seen or cropped in other place, eyes and face is a bit too dark?

8th, cropping is not very good, both arms up-position isn't my favorite.

Last on is great too. :)

You have a great model, keep up the good work. :)

If you have assistent, I think reflectors could be great for these shots too.

#3 is my fav, this would be good in the studio with a spotlight
would really highlight all the muscles etc

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lyncca, I did use a flash on some of these. #6, the pool shot, is one that didn't use flash and it really could have benefitted from it, I agree. I also agree about perfecting that metering the sky thing, I know how o do it but am still kinda figuring that out!!

Muuris, #8s pose is used to showcase her biceps.

Mrs. Moo, agree about the studio! Unfortunately, while I do have access to a studio, I dont have the access to a gym/studio, haha. My options are still limited. This gym with a large window worked well for what I had.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back