I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some friends of mine were married in Cuba and have asked me to fix up some of their photos. Here is the first one. I'm a little concerned about the amount of digital noise that has come out from the PS tweaking. What do you think of the fix? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cuba-071-BA.jpg

They do look good. The noise I see is in the sky. There's no clouds there so you could just blur those bits.

That looks great. In my experience, those noise programs take a lot of detail away, and you'll lose sharpness. I can barely see any noise. I don't think you'll see so much of it in the print either, unless it's blown up to a 16x20 or something.

Thanks, I was mostly worried about the noise in the sand in bottom left corner. I'll spend some time with it to see if I can improve it.

I've got a question about my PS workflow...I made a layer mask for the couple so I could edit them & the background separately. After editing the background I used the mask to create a selection of the couple and then used the selection to create a new layer via copy. Is this a good way to go about it?

What layer blending mode should I use for the new layer? I tried different ones but just used normal. I haven't really grasped the effects of layer modes yet.

I have found a light soften brush removes noise in sky shots. May work for the sand.

BTW,That is beautiful work. I'm sure they will be more than happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back