fixing blurriness

ScoobyRoo20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Is there anyway to fix blur in photos? I will try anything. Thanks ya'll
OR if you want I can post up a few pics that I need fixed.

It's much easier to create unfortunately. There are filters in PS to sharpen etc, but reslistically if the whole photo's blurry you'll have a hard time making anything decent with post processing. Unless of course the blur becomes 'deliberate'.

Sharpen, sharpen more and unsharp mask in PS actually only help to sharpen the blurriness. But once a photo is blurred, it is that.

In my thread on the Sunday Ballet Rehearsal, there are some "bloopers" of kids that I tried to save, all the same, for I had only got that one photo of the child or I much liked the child's expression in that specific photo and therefore did not want to trash that pic --- but the initial mistake (unwanted blur) will always be there, no matter how I tried.

maybe if you could post some or one of the pics you are talking about. Many things come to mind when you talk about fixxing blurry pics. Are they scanned pics or taken with a digital camera? What size are they now if taken with a digital camera? One thing I have done that works depending on just how blurry they are. If they are scanned then scan them at a high resolution and then resize them down if you want to print fairly large prints then they would have to be pretty big resolution to start with. You might have noticed when you look at a blurry pic but them zoom out on it the pixels seem to tighten up which makes it sharper. I have done this before and works sometimes. Then you can always use the sharpen tool if it still looks too soft.

Hope that helps

These are the ones I'm most concerned about.

47b6df09b3127cce96a5dc9ba02300000025108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df09b3127cce96a5dd6fe04f00000026108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df09b3127cce96a5dd4a615a00000026108AYuGrFi4buT

I think the bottom two are a lost cause that can never be fixed. The top one could maybe have some blur removed but it's pretty hard to remove blur once it's there.

The best way is to stop it happening in the first place.

Like Jen said, except for the middle pic, being they are concert photos they actually look ok like that. Look at them through artistic eyes and that blurriness does not really take away from the photos. The first pic does not look that blurry. That one could probably be fixxed like I mentioned on my first post. The third pic is more of a siloette shot which does not look bad. It shows movement also.

Thanks evryone. I've been trying some different things. I don't have photo shop though to do all the neat tricks that I seein other posts.

The blur is due to camera motion or poor initial focus. Determine the cause and correct. That won't help past photos but will reduce the problem in future attempts.

The bottom one looks great as is.
It looks like something you'd see in a cd jacket.

From the artistic point of view, the pictures look good for a concert, specially the last one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back