Flames are not always the important part of a fire

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First thing this morning at work the fire tones rang over the scanner. I went out to the fire and there was a lot of smoke but just a few small flames that lasted only a couple minutes before the crews got them out. Nothing very dramatic at all.

But then i noticed the homeowner pointed toward the garage and a few firefighters opened the door and rushed in. A minute later they emerged with a couple small dogs, one looking lifeless and foaming from the mouth. They brought it over to where I was and began to revive it and give it oxygen.

I've covered a lot of fires but rarely does something that dramatic happen.

I got a bunch of photos of them gathered around the dog but my favorite shot came after it was conscious again.

Let me know what you guys think.

dogs.jpg

Nice shot - I really like it! Could be the wide angle but it appears to be leaning ever so slightly to the right. Just about everything else is great though. Thanks for sharing!

So, please tell me: is it you in this photo or did you take this one?
And yes, I quite like the story it tells!

Hey, awesome spot news shot! Love the dog angle! Nice work. Touching. A good,detailed cutline and people will just be in love with that shot.

So, please tell me: is it you in this photo or did you take this one?
And yes, I quite like the story it tells!

I took the photo.

Thanks, everyone!

Awesome job, Dan...Don't you hate it when mother nature decides to drop a gray cloudy sky on you when a blue sky would make it so much better?

Regardless, the photo is a great news shot...

Very very cool, would have been even cooler if you got the burning house in the background!

Very fresh shot. This photo says a lot more than flames can. Your angles, like in the rest of your photos on your blog, are very dramatic and make you feel like you are right in the middle of the action. Love that about your photography.

I would like to know what lens you were using for this photo. 17-35?

Very fresh shot. This photo says a lot more than flames can. Your angles, like in the rest of your photos on your blog, are very dramatic and make you feel like you are right in the middle of the action. Love that about your photography.

I would like to know what lens you were using for this photo. 17-35?

Thank you, Flower and everyone else.

This was taken with the 17-35 on the D3s.

Most reactions

Back