Flappin in the wind.........

Reeforbust

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is our local flag that is around 50 feet long.

Torn and tattered but still wave strong!!:D

FlagObeautifulsm.jpg

The colors are so vivid and the definition is wonderful. My question is, how big is the flag pole?

-Fiona

www.ushistory.org
United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag

§8. Respect for flag.

k. The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning

As a member of the Auxiliary at American Legion Post 639, I beleive very much in flag etiquette. This flag definatly falls under the above rule, please notify whomever is flying it so they can rectify the situation.

I think the photo is very good by the way. ;)

Tsimiri said:
The colors are so vivid and the definition is wonderful. My question is, how big is the flag pole?

-Fiona

No Idea how tall the pole is but I would say it's up there!!!

tallpole.jpg

That's awesome, I REALLY love it.

Ha, I almost called you Linda...your avatar looks like Calliope's.

Verbal said:
That's awesome, I REALLY love it.

Ha, I almost called you Linda...your avatar looks like Calliope's.

That's the second time I've heard that......I'm gonna go look....:confused:

HMMMMMMM......Close!! But no Cigar.....:D

MommyOf4Boys said:
The photo is beautiful...
I think it has a lot of character! I would hate to be taken down because I am tattered and torn and replaced by a new broad (Looking sternly at husband) LOL!!!

AMEN Sister.........

I love the flag pic.......If it was new it wouldn't be that special!:salute:

Very nice colors and detail.

keep it up! it has more emotion that way! Sorry, I can't pledge allegiance because... wrong country! :lol:

We don't pledge allegiance to the Canadian flag anymore, never knew the pledge. something like, i pledge allegiance to the flag of canada under her royalty the queen of england or something like that.:blushing:

Matty-Bass said:
keep it up! it has more emotion that way! Sorry, I can't pledge allegiance because... wrong country! :lol:

We don't pledge allegiance to the Canadian flag anymore, never knew the pledge. something like, i pledge allegiance to the flag of canada under her royalty the queen of england or something like that.:blushing:

We used to pledge allegiance in our schools but since ours says "one nation under God", some people thought it was inappropriate? Forced religion or something...
I tell ya, the world just keeps finding stuff to scream about:meh: :er: Down we go!

Very nice photo. Nice saturated colors always go well with flags :)
I also find it interesting that it's worn and tattered; it adds a kind of emotion to the photo.

I'm not a big fan of the pledge of allegience... the "one nation under god" line just doesn't feel right to me. But I'm not much one to complain about it. I'm just sayin'.

Unimaxium said:
Very nice photo. Nice saturated colors always go well with flags :)
I also find it interesting that it's worn and tattered; it adds a kind of emotion to the photo.

I'm not a big fan of the pledge of allegience... the "one nation under god" line just doesn't feel right to me. But I'm not much one to complain about it. I'm just sayin'.

I feel that way too but I think to many people make things bigger than they need to be?!?!? Just the world I guess......:er:

ANYWAY....Thanks for all the compliments on the photo guys and gals!! I think this is one of my favorites I've taken so far..:D

Great shot. The colours are amazing.

Most reactions

Back