flare

kemizz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kemizz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I've posted and visited the forum , but 2008 is nice chance to become a better man , so first intention is to visit this forum
more often ... , aahh well ..
a late happy 2008 for all of you ..
and now some pics ...
When outside this weekend to do some shooting , in bright daylight ..
I wanted to give the pics a more winter atmosphere , so working with backlights to create a contrast in the hair and a more evening look was an option ...
Still , I wasn't happy yet about to atmosphere so thought of catching some lens flare in the pic ... , the sun was blocked by a building so added an extra speedlight
to get a more dramatic flare into the pic ..
Anyway curious what you guys think of it

flare.jpg

suz5.jpg

The second one here is beautiful!
I went to your blog and saw the "making-of" photo of this session. Very interesting to see, too, also to read about your thoughts on the lens flare in the first. You think it adds the little extra. Well. OK. To my mind it takes away, but that is just me. I prefer the second because of its greater clarity. The lens flare in the first also adds some opacity to the first (sharp and very well focussed as it is!), and I want this face and these eyes and this hair to be CLEAR.

I really love the backlight on her hair! And I much, much, much appreciate the (seemingly total?) absence of make-up on Suzanne, your model.

Oh, eh, since we are talking: are you considering coming to the meet-up in Germany at the end of May, by any chance? Let me know in PM, will you?

The second one here is beautiful!
I went to your blog and saw the "making-of" photo of this session. Very interesting to see, too, also to read about your thoughts on the lens flare in the first. You think it adds the little extra. Well. OK. To my mind it takes away, but that is just me. I prefer the second because of its greater clarity. The lens flare in the first also adds some opacity to the first (sharp and very well focussed as it is!), and I want this face and these eyes and this hair to be CLEAR.

I really love the backlight on her hair! And I much, much, much appreciate the (seemingly total?) absence of make-up on Suzanne, your model.

Oh, eh, since we are talking: are you considering coming to the meet-up in Germany at the end of May, by any chance? Let me know in PM, will you?

eah I can understand your thought of clarity and opacity ..
for me it's make the pic a little more exiting :) but hey who am I ..
this was shot with 4 lights , and I just love to work with them ...

and yeah the making of pic , is the pic with the second pic here as a result ...
you can see a tripod with speedlight in the back of here ,
a box with another speedlight on here , and then a reflector (not seen in the pic)

The photoshop work done on her face looks too obvious. Try lowering the opacity of the adjustment layer.

The other thing I notice is that the lighting is quite flat. But I like the flare in the first one. You can try to bump up the contrast in photoshop.

Lastly I don't particularly like the way she stuck her neck out in the second one.

if you mean hard light then I agree :)

backlight is a sb600 on full (which you can't get harder then that :)

front is throught box , and another from the side on reflector , both very soft , and this creates a huge difference between face and hair , while here face isn't almost touched , only the eyes ...

Most reactions

Back