Flash bracket for a nikon d300 with a battery grip

Vespa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to get a flash bracket for my D300 w/battery grip and I don't really know what to look for? There are so many on eBay and I can't find many reviews for different ones. What are the best brands? I am going to use this mostly for event photography. Thanks for the feedback.

Has any one used any of those cheap brackets from EBay?

Stroboframe is a well respected brand for flash brackets.
Really Right Stuff has some good ones as well.

Besides the old 'L style' brackets, there are two main types. Flip and Camera-rotate. The flip style brackets have a hing on the arm, so that when you rotate the camera, you can rotate the arm, putting the flash back above the lens. With the camera-rotate type, the flash stays stationary and the camera rotates on a couple small arms.

Either way, the flash ends up above the lens in horizontal or vertical orientation.

Besides looking for a good quality bracket, you want one that will be comfortable for you to use. Many of them have a handle, but I personally don't like that because I want to have one hand on the grip/shutter and the other hand on the lens. The bracket I use, is a Stroboframe Press-T, it's made so that instead of a handle, you keep both hands on the camera.

Also keep in mind that you'll probably want an anti-twist mounting plate. These are often sold separately because they have to fit your specific size of camera. They attach between the camera and the bracket, keeping the camera & bracket from twisting.

And you will certainly need and off-shoe cord to attach the flash to the hot-shoe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back