Flash Cables.

Kiske

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So,

My hotshoe doesn't work...

Are there any adaptors that I can attach to a flashgun directly from the studio flash plug/thing?

And yes, my technical terminology is amazing.

What kind of camera (Make, model). If it has a Flash-sync outlet (a small round port about 2mm in dia) then yes, if not, you're probably out of luck.

It's a 1d, it does have the flash output.

I just cant seem to find a suitable cable on the net.

Define suitable...

I basically need to connect the flashgun to the cable socket, rather than the hotshoe, and so that the flahs works as it would do normally.

What model flash is it?

580EX II speedlite.

Thanks for this btw! Saving my ass!

Thats exactly what I was looking for tirediron, thanks!

If you find an adapter, the flash probably still won't work normally. The PC terminal is very generic, and just tells the flash when to fire. You will likely lose all of the ETTL features of the 580EX, which knows things like how strong (bright) to fire based on the distance and aperture, how wide to cast the light based on the zoom, etc.

What you are looking for is a PC to Hot Shoe adapter. B&H part number GBPCHSA is one. Kaiser part number 201301 is another.

So,

My hotshoe doesn't work...

Are there any adaptors that I can attach to a flashgun directly from the studio flash plug/thing?

And yes, my technical terminology is amazing.
Are you thinking of sync contact? You should be able to get a cable for it, but first try cleaning the hot shoe contacts with a pencil eraser.

What you are looking for is a PC to Hot Shoe adapter. B&H part number GBPCHSA is one. Kaiser part number 201301 is another.
Won't that essentially do the same thing as a straight PC-PC connection? "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." Put a PC connection anywhere in the loop and you lose eTTL, no?

Go to your friendly local camera store, and ask for HELP. You do not say where you aer located, but most large metropolitan areas have a full service camera store with hands on assistance.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

Back