flash cards used in demolition derby

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a serious question but it probably wont make any difference.

Let's say someone put a box of used flash memory cards on the top of his card then drove off.

Then lets say he remembered them a few minutes later.

He found some of them on the highway after about fifteen minutes of laying in traffic.

Lets say they had been run over so that the cases of the cards were broken and he could recover only pieces of the cards.

Now lets say he is commited to sending them to a recovery company.

what would you guess the chances are of recovering any images.

Wow, My "guess" is that depending on the damage to the actual internal workings of the card you will probably have some cards that you get all the pics from, and Many cards where nothing can be found. Luckily the cards are flat, and that "may" just save you. Good luck, it will be interesting to hear how this turns out.

I got a call this morning from the photographer who the cards belong to and who left them on is car. The manufacturer sent him to a private company who told him not to even send them to him but gave him another number.

They said don't hold out much hope but send them to us we will see if we can read the chips. I found out something I didn't know which is a heck of a lot I dont know.

Half of the chips are controllers and half are memory. If the card is damaged on the contoller it is what that company can read. If the memory chip is damaged it is hopeless. So he sent them off and will know something by the end of the week.

By the way the company rep told him this is not at all unusual so be sure to safe guard those cards. Im sure he will from now on.

WE should have a pool lol...

/they got sent to the same company that works for the fbi recovering data nothing was usable. when you see those commercials for cards taped to the road don't put toooo much faith in that.

Also since the recovery said the card do fail mostly for operator error, I would rethink the size I bought, but thats just me.

Most reactions

Back