Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have two film cameras;
Minolta XD11
Nikon N75

I have a flash unit for the XD11: Minolta Auto 320X

My questions are...

Can I use the Minolta flash with the Nikon camera? Will the electro-guts be able to talk to each other at all?

If it will work, what kind of flash sync can I expect? Just 125 shutter speed?

Any other info, suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

No, the minolta unit is a different fitting altogether, I had a mino & nikon when I started out and to get past this problem bought a flash unit from jessops that had dedicated modules for nik and mino, try vivitar or other independent make of flash and you'll only need the one gun if it can have interchangeable modules, any camera shop will be able to help. H

If the unit has an auto thyristor circuit it will work fine. It won't integrate with what you call the electro-guts, but the flash unit will handle auto exposure by itself without the camera. Check your manual.

@Flash Harry: What do you mean by different fitting? It slides into the hot shoe just fine and it looks like the two contacts on the flash unit line up properly too. However there are only two contacts on the flash, corresponding to center and the bottom left contacts of the hot shoe but the shoe it self has 4 contacts; one in the center, one on the bottom left and two on the right edge.

@fmw: Do you know what I can expect the flash to not do or only do since the electronics wouldn't be compatible? ...I'm guessing this info is probably right in the manual which I unfortunately do not have. :(

Most reactions

Back