Flash cord problems, Help

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a used off camera flash set up. It consists of a Canon Connection Cord 60, Hot Shoe Adapter, and TTL Off Camera Shoe Adapter 2.

When I hook it up to my Digital Rebel Xt and 430EX flash, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to set something in the camera or flash? Because I bought it used it has no manual and I can't find any info on it in my camera or flash manual.

If anyone can help I would greatly apreciate it.

Cheers

Anyone?? I could use some quick help on this.

Thanks

Can you take a photo off all the parts, to show us? I wish I knew more about this, but I don't.

I don't know if there is an easy way to test the cords, that would be my main concern if things aren't firing.

the cord is basically a bunch of wires with special adapters for the camera and the flash.....to test it......you'll need an ohm-meter......then you basically check the resistance of each contact...make sure that it goes from one end to the other with a very small resistance.......

What are the chances these aren't compatible with my set up?

Well....after much searching I think I have found the problem!

Even though I checked the Canon Canada website and spoke to a "knowledgeable" camera salesman before purchasing, this set up is not compatible with Canon digital SLR cameras because they require E-ttl metering, and this cord only provides TTL metering.

It is unfortunate that the Canon Canada website does not mention this, but the american website does! I didn't think to check two Canon websites!

Anyway, just thought I would let anyone know that is following this thread.

Cheers

Sorry about that, I wish I would have know that before as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back