Flash for D70???

TopPop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I asked this about a week ago, but I thought I would ask again, because I didn't get any responses. If I don't get any this time, I will just assume that you don't know the answer... like me :mrgreen:
Okay, so I've been using a "Pentax-dedicated" Sunpak 433D flash for my D70 without any problems whatsoever (aside from the fact that I have to do everything completely manually). However, the D70 manual says that I should NEVER use a non-Nikon flash with the camera because a mis-voltage could mess some stuff up in the camera and/or the flash.:shock:
My question is: if it's been fine so far and I'm happy with the results, should I keep using it? Also: if nothing has been damaged yet (as far as I can tell, this is the case), am I still in danger of breaking something with future use?
Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Chris

First off...that's a bunch of baloney that the manual says to get you to buy Nikon accessories. Just like how it says you should only use Nikon Lenses or it will mess something up. There are engineers that design these aftermarket accessories to the same specifications as the original manufacturers. The only reason you hear Sunpak today is because they are a leading maker of aftermarket flashes. To my knowledge, they don't make a camera at all so I'd be hard pressed to believe they've been making flashes this long at the risk of messing up cameras....

Sorry for the soapbox but I'm not a beliver in the proprietary mumbo jumbo..

As for the flash options, Sunpak and Sigma make two very good Dedicated flashes for the D70 and I was just asking about them down in the advice forum. They both run for around $150US. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back