Flash, meter,how, where?

jong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Iam planning to buy a flash, then i thought, how do i meter and where? assuming a backlit a toplit or just compensating. would it be a correct exporesure before you take the shot, be over expose when you the shot with flash . so, how do get a correct exposure when using a flash when its a little bit dark? how do you meter and where?
thanks

Depends on what kind of flash you're getting. If you're working with monolights or other off-camera strobes, then you can just get a handheld light meter. If you're working with an on camera flash that has E-TTL / i-TTL (depending on your brand) then you can set the camera in manual for the exposure you want, then the flash will be powered to expose for that setting using its own metering system. Usually you can set it to over or underexpose if you want more or less light than it wants to put out.

If you buy a manual flash, then you've gotta use a light meter or just guess/check.

i see what you mean it make sence, a350 here any recomendation i preffer something with E-TTL , I-TTL or something, i dont know if sony has one.

any more information would be great

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HVL-F56AM-High-Power-Digital-Camera/dp/B000DZKRKK[/ame]

For basic use of a flash like this, you won't need a flash meter because the camera can meter the flash's output while it's attached to the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back