Flash recomendation for tight budget

mochroi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been using my 'built-in' flash as a fill for my out door sessions, but was looking for something I could control a wee bit better, someone suggested a 'speed-light'? But I'm not exactly equipment savvy...any suggestions?

:popcorn:I'll go make some for everyone else.

I have been using my 'built-in' flash as a fill for my out door sessions, but was looking for something I could control a wee bit better, someone suggested a 'speed-light'? But I'm not exactly equipment savvy...any suggestions?

What is your budget? What camera are you using?

Your "outdoor sessions" -- are you a paid photographer?

My budget is no more than $300. I get paid but mostly just trying to build a portfolio right now. Occasionally I will take on weddings, seniors, maternity and family portraits...but nothing huge or too elaborate...I'm working with photoshop 7 and a canon t3... Lol...but I do ok I suppose...

I get paid but mostly just trying to build a portfolio right now. Occasionally I will take on weddings, seniors, maternity and family portraits...but nothing huge or too elaborate.

With all due respect (Query: How much respect is due?), can somebody please call the fire department because the OP is about to get flamed....:mrgreen:

$image-298474955.jpg

$image-437178928.jpg

$image-2337069752.jpg

$image-3209521230.jpg

These were the ones I took this past Saturday with just a reflector...and the last one had such weird lighting...

Your exposure, WB and lighting are all over the place.

Thanks 'pixmedic' :) I have been frequenting craigslist quite a bit recently...props mostly...I guess I'm a bit hesitant about buying equipment on there, but I suppose it's worth a shot!

jwbryson1 said:
Your exposure, WB and lighting are all over the place.

Yeah...like I said...I do ok...lol...plus she said she wanted some of them to look like 'wintery' pictures. That one by the tree though...ugh...she loved it...but it nags at me! Plus we moved all over this park...she changed four times and actually wore an evening gown...in front of a baseball field...haha...it was fun...and very tricky...

If she loved the photos, more power to you. I just think there is room for improvement. Keep shooting...:mrgreen:

I'm open to suggestions...and always looking to improve...

Thanks 'pixmedic' :) I have been frequenting craigslist quite a bit recently...props mostly...I guess I'm a bit hesitant about buying equipment on there, but I suppose it's worth a shot!

the advantage to craigslist is that you can go look at something before you buy it. If you find a flash on craigslist, you can bring your camera to test it first. Prices can be better on ebay though, because there is more competition. but I prefer to buy locally and look at it in person unless the price difference is big.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back