Flash speedlight recommendation

cdryden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking about getting a flash for my Canon 70D to use for smoke photography and maybe some portrait work. I want one with a wireless trigger. I have been considering Neewer, Altura, Yonguo and I'm trying to keep it under $80.00.
Does anyone know of one, in that price range, that they would like to recommend?

Check my sig.

I would save for a Canon even if it took a year!

My 468II and 568II Yongnuos have been flawless for years now, one was $60, one was $100 (high speed sync).
I'll probably never buy a Canon flash, I'd rather have 4-5 of these.

I use the 600EX and the 56w Yongnuos. Have a couple of old Canon 550EX's but rarely use them. Although the Canon Speedlights play nice with the Yongnuos. Also use the Yong 622 radio rx/tx all work great with the 7D's and 6D.

I have a couple of the Yongnuo 560IVs along with the transmitter. As long as they work when you get them (QC issues), they work great. Those models don't do TTL, so you'll have to look at other models if you need that.

do you need ETTL ?
yongnuo is good as well as older 430exII

I've got a Canon 580EX II and 3 Yognuo 560 III's. The Canon is better, but you can get 7 of the Yonguo's for the price and the difference isn't that noticeable. I only shoot in fully manual with them though. If I am shooting something where the lighting is variable and time important I will use the Canon for the ETTL.

Most reactions

Back