Flash vs html

brandibell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I Have an HTML website through photobiz but there is only 19 templates and there is not much you are able to customize but with flash they have over 100 customizable templates. I know you cannot view flash sites on some smart phones but they have an option where you can buy a template or something like that that is compatible with all smart phones. I also know that search engines don't really like flash sites either. I am wondering is it worth it to stay with an HTML even though I am limited on what I can change on the template or go with flash?

Sorry if this is a stupid or over asked questions

Thanks in advance

Stick with HTML. Pick a different host if you need to, but I would avoid Flash.

Fair enough but probably not suitable for the OP's use.

photobiz claims to help with SEO plus i see a serious family photo or wedding shopper sitting at the computer, not browsing for a high dollar service on their device.

photobiz claims to help with SEO plus i see a serious family photo or wedding shopper sitting at the computer, not browsing for a high dollar service on their device.

I almost exclusively surf hand held nowadays. Hardly use the PC to surf. You are also forgetting the component of a friend showing a friend your site on the mobile, over lunch.

According to my web developers, mobile/handheld/tablet surfing is approaching 30%

Word! ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

And growing daily.

Flash content is images. Text is converted to an image by Flash.

As far as many web crawlers are concerned a Flash web site is entirely picutres and has no text. No text? No content, and no links to other web sites. No content + No links = your web site on page 487,987 of that search a potential client just did.

lets not forget that adobe is abandoning flash for html5

^^ thank GOD. Flash is obnoxious and resource hungry. I never cared for it much, and usually dancing elements add little in terms of communication. Strict HTML for me, thank you.

i rather the keyboard instead of the touch one finger typing especially for serious surfing. but yeah, to check something out i use mobile as well.

My site has Flash, Mobile, and HTML. It costs a few extra bucks a month.

What exactly is serious surfing? How much do you actually use your keyboard after you google something?
:roll:

Most reactions

Back