flash!

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks to o-hey-tyler I have been loving using my pop up flash. I did the business card trick and the lighting looks so much better bouncing it off the ceiling. Up until now I pretty much avoided my flash, now I am feeling like I need more. I have heard many people talk about the speedlight . I have looked into them and found some around 250$ range (here). Which is pretty much at the top of my budget. So, with this I can angle the flash any way? Right now (using the business card) I can only take photos in landscape mode in order to bounce off ceiling, would the speedlight allow me to use portrait mode? Is the speedlight a good choice? Or is something else recommended? I have a canon, thanks :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Thanks to o-hey-tyler I have been loving using my pop up flash. I did the business card trick and the lighting looks so much better bouncing it off the ceiling. Up until now I pretty much avoided my flash, now I am feeling like I need more. I have heard many people talk about the speedlight. I have looked into them and found some around 250$ range. Which is pretty much at the top of my budget. So, with this I can angle the flash any way? Right now (using the business card) I can only take photos in landscape mode in order to bounce off ceiling, would the speedlight allow me to use portrait mode? Is the speedlight a good choice? Or is something else recommended? I have a canon, thanks :mrgreen:

Paige! You can take photos in landscape or portrait orientation with flashes that have a swivel head. Take a look at the 430EX II. It's pretty reasonably priced as far as Canon flashes go, and it has a swivel head, TTL, HSS, and all that good stuff.

If $250 is really pushing it, I have one of these - SUNPAK?????? and it works decently. The light output isn't exactly the same and it's got cheaper build quality, that's why I use it as a backup for both 430's I have. It does have TTL though, which you will want for an on camera flash.

Thanks tyler! I was originally thinking of getting the 430ex 11, but the sunpack you posted is much cheaper :D. Do you think it is worth it to just go ahead and get the 430ex? Is it that much better than the sunpack?

In terms of build quality and features... YES. The 430EX is definitely worth it, and what I would go for if I were buying a first flash (well, it IS what I bought for my first flash). If you hold out for it, you'll be very glad you did. Pick up the Sunpak when you want a backup flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back