Flat or Fisheye?

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Pentax equipment, and I know I want a wide angle zoom, and I'm torn between the Pentax DA 12-24 or the Pentax 10-20 Fisheye. I know it's kind of a preference thing, and the 12-24 is probably a whole lot more versatile, but the decision is bugging me. Any thoughts? :neutral:

(I know, "get both" and "get a different camera", lol, but seriously...)

Fisheyes are very specialized lenses, and while the results can be both interesting and artistic, the results are suitable for every-day photography. Unless you have a real need for one, I would stick with a regular wide-angle zoom until you have all the glass you want.

I agree with tirediron - go with the 'regular' wide angle. If you are in need of a fish eye it can be rented or bought later :)

you dont want to buy a fun lens that wont be fun b/c it may not be what u want to shoot everyday when u want to shoot wide

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-12-24mm-Lens-Samsung-Digital/dp/B000B8AF9W/ref=pd_bbs_1/187-8994240-3669260?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235436030&sr=8-1"]ordering the 12-24 tonight at a great price[/ame]! :D

Get the fisheye... AFTER you have an ultra-wide angle lens... if you still want one. I own the 10-20 Sigma and its wonderful. I also just picked up a 15mm Sigma (for my D700), and it's fun as hell, but WAY less usable than the UWA.

3290710443_a4b89fe926.jpg

Most reactions

Back