Flickr... GRRRRRR!

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes I really HATE flickr!!!
This is the EXACT same shot with nothing done to it except the one of the left I resized and the one on the right I did not.

6775447524_daa4d92813_z.jpg

Dude. That's ridiculous.

Well duh, when you re-sized you compressed the color! :lmao:

Obviously when flickr re-sizes for the "free" accounts it compresses the color in some jacked up fashion because the re-sized image and the original sized image look exactly like the one on the left on my computer.

did you re-size if before you uploaded it to Flickr.. or did you let them resize it?

Obviously when flickr re-sizes for the "free" accounts it compresses the color in some jacked up fashion because the re-sized image and the original sized image look exactly like the one on the left on my computer.

That's nuts.

We are 100% sure there is no colourprofile magic going on here?

No color profile magic. Exact same image. I did not re-size the one on the right. I re-sized the one on the left. That's it. The image on my computer-both of them-look like the image on the left.

I have known for a LONG time that this was a problem with the free flickr accounts. I had uploaded something to share on something the other night and I did it in full size... The color was jacked. USUALLY I resize for web. Which lead me to the conclusion that it had something to do with the upload size.

I usually resize my shots before I upload them to Flickr.. usually 1024x768.. and do 100% quality web compression using CS5. I pretty much get the same image on flickr as the original doing it that way. Don't know if that helps...

I usually resize also... I just went to put a quick snap up and this is what I got... When I went to post it wasn't pretty! So I resized and... Low and behold!
Guess I'll be more careful from now on!

Can't say I've ever noticed this before... I do have the paid Flickr account though.

I can't really see them using a different resizing algorithm for the free accounts than what they use on the paid accounts though...

I've never had an issue.. but then, I only post small-ish resized images on the interwebz.

Never had any issue either, than again, I just about always resize before hand

SmugMug ftw. I never do anything to my Flickr images after they have been uploaded. All sizing comes prior to uploading, for reasons like this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back