Flickr under new ownership!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or rather Yahoo, which owns flickr, now is. It's become part of the Oath collection of companies.

If you head over there's an update linking to here
Yahoo is now part of Oath

Essentially them telling you that your personal data will be shared within the Oath organisation and its companies but not out to 3rd parties (barring as already agreed under the Yahoo TC). There's also an advertising opt-out setup as well.

No news so far as to if they are going to change anything else with how flickr runs.

you can thank Verizon for the clarity !!
or confusion ...

essentially a separate business that either makes money, or fails and folds ...

I remember attending the Flickr Party when the founders of Flickr (based in Vancouver) sold it off to Yahoo

I already took my photos off Flickr when Yahoo was being sold and haven't used it in a long time, just need to go back and close it out. That and my Ymail which I just had as a secondary email and hardly used. I used to like the MyYahoo page and that got deleted literally overnight without notice. Guess time will tell where it goes from here.

I don't think I've ever used my Yahoo email for anything save flickr. Flickr itself still runs fine; not had any real problems barring getting used to interface changes. That said yahoo never really did anything with flickr; kept the lights on but nothing really improved and if anything the communities side has died off a lot (but that might also be due to the general rise in popularity of twitter/facebook as its a change I've noticed across the net)

Most reactions

Back