Flinders, Mornington Peninsula - Australia (another attempt at Landscapes)

Cheyenne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Below is a few pics that I took over the weekend in my attempt to capture some half decent landscape shots.

I took these shots in Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria Australia. About 15 minutes from my house. It's a lovely area but the day was overcast unfortunately.

They still need some work, but I think that they are an improvement on my last attempt which has to be a good think :lol:

Frame_DSCN18691.jpg

Frame_DSCN18751.jpg

Frame_DSCN18641.jpg

Frame_DSCN18601.jpg

Frame_DSCN18591.jpg

I have more shots but will post them seperately.

Any comments and suggestions for improvement are really appreciated.

i guess the best advice I have is to try to keep the horizon level. This isn't such a huge deal when shooting as you can usually fix it in photoshop afterwards, but that really is kind of important in landscapes

Thanks Nakedyak I have the original pics (without the frames) at home so will straighten and repost.

Oh yes, I do see quite a bit of improvement here.
I like these.
Yes, I see the tilted horizon and it gives me the itch to do something about it (I get tilted horizons myself ever so often, but I usually quickly fix them in Photoshop, which is no big deal at all), but all in all I like a) the area you went to as such and b) the way you framed it in each of your frames.

My favourite would still be the steps in the first.
The blown-out sky in the second makes me just a tad unhappy, else I would say that one is my number 2 ...

#4 comes very close, if only that tip of land weren't clipped off...

Thanks LaFoto, your comments really help me think about how I can make my shots better which is my main aim here :)

Thanks again

I really like the stairs one, as it leads the eye. Good work, you certainly are improving.

Most reactions

Back