Float Away

VDUB113

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was taken of my girlfriend during out hot air balloon ride. Dish it to me!

2491Meghan_Balloon_Small.jpg

Great perspective on this! Puts me right in the bucket with you guys. Love the composition and DOF!

I agree whole heartedly. I love how her eye is even with the horizon and how other lines converge so well. Great work!!

oriecat said:
That little teeny sliver of sleeve on her shoulder bothers me. I would crop it up just a little bit to get rid of that.

That is something that I noticed as well. I will do that when I have a chance.

And for everyone who may be interested. This picture was PURE LUCK. I have a Nikon Cool Pix 3100 and there is literally NO manual setting on this camera. (Just getting into photography and started small) I was generally unhappy with how foggy it was and how all my other pictures turned out, but this one was the lucky jackpot. The eye is level with the horizon and her chin flows perfectly with the line in the farmland. The high res pic is better even. Here is a link. (Imagestation won't let me post images)
High Res Image Click Here

Click Here To See The Rest Of My Photos From The Balloon Trip

Yes, yes, yes: lovely photo. You did strike lucky with this one.

One question - not about the photo, though: what is the meaning of your signature? I can tell that it is German, but the very words, but what is the meaning? And who translated whatever you mean to express for you?

What a shot! Uplifting.

Yeah the quote, it makes me wonder too.

The quote in my signature was translated by a website called bablefish. I'm sure it is not translated properly, but since I do not know German very well, its the best I could do. As for the meaning, it's a little saying that stuck with me through many years of posting on forums. I picked it up when I was a kid and just could never get rid of it. Ha ha.

"If you blow my mind, I promise not to think in your mouth."

If you still do not get it, think along the lines of oral sex. Its funny as a kid, a little immature for me now, but that is why I translated it into German, so the majority of the people I associate with online would not understand it.

Well, with babelfish you'll always succeed in not being understood: now not even any Germans will understand your personal motto... :(
Not only is the translation slightly wrong - it doesn't make any sense at all ;).

The photo's still nice!
And your girlfriend's very pretty.
And I wish I'd get to go out in a hot air balloon myself, one day, too!

Most reactions

Back