Flower Pictures

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
Here are a few flower pictures from last summer. You see I like color. All taken with the Sony 717, no filters. All these are Colorado Springs or the prairie immediately east.

This is an unknown flower I hadn't seen before, there were acres of it.

DSC00804re650.jpg

Another unknown prairie flower that I have seen a lot before. The bloom is about 3 inches across and very delicate.

DSC00162re650.jpg

A Deep Pink Pollination

DSC00353re650.jpg

I liked this one partly because of the light and shadow and because it was the small one in back that stood out.

DSC00395re650.jpg

Hollyhocks, I thought the vignette looked good with this one.

DSC00326re650.jpg

Never can resist flower shots...really, really nice!

wow, every single one of these is fantastic. taken last year?
beautiful macro work. great to see you got that vignette thing goin!

The first one is my favorite of the group. Aside from the interesting flower structure, your DOF is really great! The background almost looks like you shot it against an oil painting. I think the background and DOF is really what makes that picture. Good work drdan!

Ahhh!

If you're hungry for colours, just come here!

I like all of them.
Flowers are fascinating as a theme, anyway, and I have plenty of flower pics in my albums, too, for I never can resist them. Even from times when I still could not do any macro photography of them (compared to what LITTLE and unsatisfying macro photography I can do now with my telephoto/macro lense). You see their beauty and want to capture it.

I, too, like the first one best of all the photos because of its crispness of the first flower, but I also like the fourth with the sun on that little blossom a little further back - you instinctively start to LIKE that little blossom :).

So far, I've never even tried to play around with vignettes in PhotoShop, but your photo is just giving me ideas... It sure works with the one you chose.

LaFoto, I know what you mean about liking that little flower in back. It's like the kid in the back of the class got something right and now has a big grin. I always was a sucker for underdogs.

I did increase the brightness and saturation just slightly for that one blossom in PS so that it would stand out even more.

Those are really nice, DrDan. I also like the first one best. I think having the sky in it really adds something to it...if it were just the flowers and the grass I wouldn't like it as much. Lovely!

Great job with the botanicals. #1 leaps out; gorgeous photo.

I'm sure I'll be posting some photos of my cone flowers (pic #4) later this summer.

I think the color is great! The composition isn't all that bad either... except for that speck of another flower in the upper corner.

I love flower shots too. That first one (known as Blazing Star) is great. also the white poppy is really cool, actually, they are all wonderful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back