flower shot- how would you edit this?

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is unedited, unsharpened RAW file, only resized. How would you edit this to take out the spots in the background? For some reason I'm having trouble making it look natural with a simple clone.

floweruneditedweb.jpg

Thanks!

Carla

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
use a fill flash next time or bring along a dark background.

As for this image, I would use the red channel to build a mask and apply it to a fill layer.

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Taking just the top spots out kinda makes it look silly. I am guessing by "spots" you mean the blur...which most want in background. I just took all the background out. Not really sure what ya wanted.

There is no real "quick" thing when editing...especially when it's what "you" see in your mind as wanting it to look like. We can all do different things as "we" see it in ours.

I burned the background out, touched up the flower, little burn here dodge there to accent the petals, adjusted levels and shadows/highlights. Things like that.

Oh, I also had to clone on the leaves a bit to get rid of the background coming through the leaves too...didn't do a great job, but only spent like ten minutes on it just to give you an idea.

$floweruneditedweb-1.jpg

tyler_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
I wouldn't completely remove them; otherwise it becomes a floating flower; personal preference though.

2Q==

Just a quick edit of it - split masks based on red channel (not enough separation otherwise) for brightness/contrast layers, selective colour for the brighter, cyanish item in the bottom right and levels some minor adjustments.

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
thought maybe op wanted a floating flower to add to another picture or something, lol. I dunno. Kinda confused by what he/she really wanted done.

your post is a wreck....something went wrong in posting.....your image is all alpha lol