flower shot- how would you edit this?

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is unedited, unsharpened RAW file, only resized. How would you edit this to take out the spots in the background? For some reason I'm having trouble making it look natural with a simple clone.

floweruneditedweb.jpg

Thanks!

Carla

use a fill flash next time or bring along a dark background.

As for this image, I would use the red channel to build a mask and apply it to a fill layer.

Taking just the top spots out kinda makes it look silly. I am guessing by "spots" you mean the blur...which most want in background. I just took all the background out. Not really sure what ya wanted.

There is no real "quick" thing when editing...especially when it's what "you" see in your mind as wanting it to look like. We can all do different things as "we" see it in ours.

I burned the background out, touched up the flower, little burn here dodge there to accent the petals, adjusted levels and shadows/highlights. Things like that.

Oh, I also had to clone on the leaves a bit to get rid of the background coming through the leaves too...didn't do a great job, but only spent like ten minutes on it just to give you an idea.

$floweruneditedweb-1.jpg

I wouldn't completely remove them; otherwise it becomes a floating flower; personal preference though.

2Q==

Just a quick edit of it - split masks based on red channel (not enough separation otherwise) for brightness/contrast layers, selective colour for the brighter, cyanish item in the bottom right and levels some minor adjustments.

thought maybe op wanted a floating flower to add to another picture or something, lol. I dunno. Kinda confused by what he/she really wanted done.

your post is a wreck....something went wrong in posting.....your image is all alpha lol

umm, dunno about the alpha explosion, but thanks for the responses.

Ernicus, I like your edit. I was thinking to keep the blur but to smooth it out a bit to remove the spots on the right side without it being a "floating flower" if that makes sense.

each time I play with this I come up with a different edit, lol. I got some great colors in the flower, but only a 1/2 floater. lol.

I still not sure what you are wanting to do. Do you use photo shop? what program you use to edit? There are many different ways to achieve what you want.

$floweruneditedweb3.jpg

I'm just bored watching a show on the bermuda triangle...your flower is good for me to practice different things on while I watch the show, lol

:lol: I love you guys.

Ernicus, Thanks, I think. :)

It's nice to know I got the comp good enough in-camera to warrant playing with it.

Ernicus, re your last post I'm waiting for my house to sell to get photoshop ps6 :). I'm still using paintshop pro. I can translate most edits from photoshop.

Ernicus, re your last post I'm waiting for my house to sell to get photoshop ps6 :). I'm still using paintshop pro. I can translate most edits from photoshop.

cool, I was using paint shop pro x4 for a long time, recently switched to photoshop. Play around with the brush right below your paint brush, you can lighten/darken...dodge...burn... see if that can remove or hide the parts you don't like. one way you can make stuff go away without painting or cloning. Set your opacity to around 5-10% so you don't make a huge difference...but after a few passes you can see the effects of the brush tool without causing much damage. then adjust accordingly, etc...etc..

Most reactions

Back