Flowers C&C

WDodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to know what everyone thinks about the background, too distracting? Could the picture use a bit more DOF on the flower?

ISO 100
1/640 @ f/2.2
50mm

scheopfle-1-resize.jpg

Link to the original (after cropping): http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1233/548505494_24dca73b7a_o.jpg

All I did was crop some of the extra space because I thought there was too much. Thanks a lot.

background distracting? yes. i will blur some more on background. the flower feels a little soft. also not enough texture due to overexposure, IMO. you may want to consider a chang of angle. just my 2 cents.

I dont think you have any blown highlights but it is a bit soft. Your background is ok, but blurring it a little more would make the flower pop out a little better.

Any suggestions on getting a sharper image?

jimiismydaddy: I'm confused about what you said about the background. some more what exactly? :D

I like the background. Is it busy? Absolutely, and that's what I like. So often photographers are so afraid of a busy background that they just make a boring background. Your background, now while it may be a tad bit distracting, is good because it actually depicts something, color. Colorful backgrounds are extremely difficult to do with a shot like this without it taking away from the subject. Now, perhaps your background does take a bit away from the subject, but not a whole lot, but the fact that you took a shot with a background like that is applaudable. People have to be brave with backgrounds, and I'm glad you were. Nice work.

I like the background. Is it busy? Absolutely, and that's what I like. So often photographers are so afraid of a busy background that they just make a boring background. Your background, now while it may be a tad bit distracting, is good because it actually depicts something, color. Colorful backgrounds are extremely difficult to do with a shot like this without it taking away from the subject. Now, perhaps your background does take a bit away from the subject, but not a whole lot, but the fact that you took a shot with a background like that is applaudable. People have to be brave with backgrounds, and I'm glad you were. Nice work.

Thank you very much. I sat there and I saw the field of rose bushes and I was just trying to come up with a way to depict it artistically. Anyone can do the shot where they snap off a picture of all the flowers.

I think it is a little distracting only because the colors are so close to the subject. I think it might be a great place for a person. It almost seems like there should be a person between the rose and the background.

I disagree with changing the angle that it was taken from. I actually like the shot but I do agree that the background is a little distracting.

Most reactions

Back