Flowers - the new batch

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted a flower series in a while... here are my experiments from tonight, all shot with 1 light and 1 reflector:

#1 "Weeping Roses"

weeping_rose_1_4x5.jpg

#2 "12 Orchids"
twelve_orchids_8x10.jpg

#3 "Lily in Training"

lily_2x3_3.jpg

#4 "Lily"

lily_1x3_2_1.jpg

#5 "Bird of Paradise, Excerpt"

bird_of_paradise_2_4x5.jpg

As always, C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

wow amazing pics! great series!

Very nice series of photos. I'm not a huge fan of B&W but #1 looks exceptionally good to me in B&W. Love the composition of the Lily in Training. Just a little question, did you seriously pick apart an orchid for #2 12 Orchids? Mine only bloom twice a year and I can't see myself doing that.

The first one isn't truly black and white. they're white roses and I desaturated the stems (there's still some green in them).

These orchids weren't long for the world (the florist I purchased them from was dredging the bottom of the barrel on the day before the holiday weekend) and these things were falling off as it was. I did help a few to complete the image.

We have cats, ergo, we have no houseplants. I wouldn't do this to one I was trying to keep alive. :)

Number three is my favorite. Nice work!

We have cats, ergo, we have no houseplants. I wouldn't do this to one I was trying to keep alive. :)

Cats are a menace to houseplants, aren't they? Not to mention the danger to the cats. ;)

These images are all simply stunning. I love artistically done flower photos and these are very well done. :thumbup: :D

Number 3, lily in training, is my favorite because this is one of my favorite flowers.

Number three is my favorite. Nice work!

Thanks, Clark.

Cats are a menace to houseplants, aren't they? Not to mention the danger to the cats. ;)

These images are all simply stunning. I love artistically done flower photos and these are very well done. :thumbup: :D

Thank you, Dagwood. And yes, the cats and houseplants don't mix, generally in either direction.

Number 3, lily in training, is my favorite because this is one of my favorite flowers.

Mine, too and this one was particularly photogenic. Thank you, Beverly.

Wow it's fantastic!!!!!! These flowers are really nice and beautiful. thanks for sharing :lol: :lmao:

Most reactions

Back