Flowers

These are awesome. And I looked at your "Room 57" link...you produce some great work. The one of the headstones in the christmas tree ornament is my favorite! Very inspiring!

really beautiful work, I'm gonna try this. I take it when "painting" you mean just directing the beam of a flash light or torch at the flowers?

Hey man you produced great shots here, simple technique big output. The colours, the background and the isolation method.

Thanks for the inspiration I'll give it ago someday.

Thanks so much again for all your kind words. Means a lot.
Clickity.... I would take my focus, with just the beam of light on a flower...then shut out the lights all together, so I was in total darkness, then release the shutter. (about 15 seconds, but you can go longer or shorter) I would shine the penlight, so it would just catch the flowers, being careful not too shoot wide. My first attempt I hit the wall, so I moved the flowers to the middle of the room, so any stray light would not catch anything. And if it did, it could have been burned out. A little trial and error, and you will have it down in no time. :thumbup::thumbup:

Quickshot...I appreciate you taking the time to check out my site. Thank you so much. :)

These are all beautiful. I'm going to have to try this technique. I really like #2 for the color and #3 for the subject matter. #3 just seems like it should be on one of those inspirational posters for never give up trying. Awesome work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back