Flu Shots

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Whats the deal with Flu Shots? Unless your old or very young is the flu that big a deal? People act like its an aids vaccine or something. There are even ferries taking people to Canada to get th flu vaccine at $115 a person. Seems a little nuts to me or am I missing something?

wow!! you see,,,, thankfully we don't have such a problem... the vaccine costs here about $6 U.S only :) and this is a very good vaccine :)
For me it is something that I take and I don't feel so bad even if I got flu. I'm not paranoic about it

yeah, I've had the flu once in my life when I was in about 7th or 8th grade (so around 6 or 7 years ago) I think it was. I was on the couch for about a week...but it wasn' the end of the world or anything. I don't see why people are going so insane over this vaccine :scratch:

oh well! :)

oriecat said:
I don't get it either. I've never had a flu shot and I am 95% positive I have never had the flu.... :shrug:

Same here! I can't understand this flu paranoia. Oh well...

It's just idiotic, isn't it? The mob mentality - only panicked over the flu bug. I've never been so happy to be out of primary care medicine than this year.

Unless you have a compromised immune system (heart condition, diabetes, HIV) or are the caretaker of, or are yourself, an elderly person where the flu can lead to pneumonia or other more serious infections, you don't need the flu shot.

Wash your hands a lot this winter, and take vitamins if you want. Believe it or not, everything is going to be fine. :sun:

I cant understand it either. eOne day at costc Im seeing "Flu shots $15" the next time I go I see a sign saying " Due to a flu vaccine shortage the flu immunisation day has been cancelled."

I dont get it :-? Seems theres a shortage every year.

For the most part people are nothing but cattle. It only takes one or two to start a stampede- next thing ya know mass hysteria and folks are fighting for a spot in the flu shot line to drop $100+ . Hell I personally like the flu... It's a break from work as far as Im concerned, plus all the PS2 and hot soup a fella can handle :D .

People on a whole scare very easily. I think it's the pharm. businesses that are drumming up the scare so they can gouge prices and make a killing from innocent folks. Last year we here in the US had a bit of a shortage of flu shots, they ran out about mid season. Why were they not prepared this year? I figure someone said to himself "hmmmm...I bet I can make some money off this...the oil companies do it all the time." :wink:

I think mygrain nailed it pretty much. The media doesn't help this either. The way it is reported here makes it sound like thousands and thousands of people are going to die this year because there is a shortage. What a bunch of crap.

I dont see the point of taking the vaccine unless you are in the high risk group, even then I would think hard about it. Same reason I dont take medicine unless I am forced to. I would rather my body fight it then some drug.

Geronimo said:
I dont see the point of taking the vaccine unless you are in the high risk group, even then I would think hard about it. Same reason I dont take medicine unless I am forced to. I would rather my body fight it then some drug.

AMEN!!! Medication is for recreational uses only!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mygrain said:
Geronimo said:

I'll drink to that!

mrsid99 said:
mygrain said:
Geronimo said:

I'll drink to that!
:thumbsup: :cheers:

Can I be really annoying and say I've not had so much as a cold for the last five years?

*goes and touches lots and lots of wood*

Most reactions

Back