Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...ok, so I got the living crap scared outta me today. I've been getting dizzy spells on and off for the past few days...nothin majo, but enough that it's bothering me. I was at work about an hour and a half ago, and I start to feel dizzy...only this time it doesn't go away. I don't think I've ever felt that dizzy before in my life. First it was like the room was spinning, then it was like it was agitating (shaking back and forth)...and I couldn't shake it...after about 5 or 7 minutes of it, the spin and agitate cycles ended, but I was still dizzy...it was really scaring me. Nothing else felt wrong with me at all. Then my stomach started to feel a bit upset...figured it was from my nerves. Another 5 or 10 minutes later, and it suddenly got worse. I started throwing up. Guess I've got the flu. I've never had the flu like this before...never in my life. I've had the '24 hour' flu, throwing up all day and all that jazz...NEVER had the dizziness. I'm STILL dizzy, going on two hours later...my mommy had to drive me home. It's even hard for me to focus on the screen, so I don't think I'll be doing much internet today. This sucks! It especially sucks because I found out that my little brother had the same thing, same symptoms a few days ago...AND IT LASTED A WEEK!!! I've never had the flu for more than a day. :( :( :(

Sorry...guess I just needed to vent. I'm gonna lay here and watch me some Jerry Springer now.

I had flu at Uni ages ago and actually fell into the road. Not in itself unusual, but I hadn't actually had a drink at that point. It was a middle ear infection and they injected me with a needle which could probably more accurately be described as a blunt tube. They then pumped concrete via the tube into my buttock. It stung a bit and I woke up about two days later.

Nasty huh... now get back to your cold and don't go near a medical dictionary and decide that you've got pleurisy or something.

Get well soon :hugs:

Rob

Hey Corry...I had this flu, it really sucks the life out of ya. All I can say is, drink Gaterade and eat what you can. I ate Club crackers for 3 days. It goes away, but it's no fun, that's for sure.
Feel better soon...:hugs:

Whilst we're on crackpot cures.... "Gatorade and Club crackers"!!!!!

Whisky and lemonjuice and honey

It won't help, but it tastes good and gets you drunk.

Rob

Well, besides the dizziness, I'm feeling alright at the moment...slept for a while...but I'm STARVED and scared to eat. UG!

Thinking of you, Corry. Get better soon.
If it is the real flu, like in "influenza", then you are really sick. But that should give you headaches, actually aches all over, a very high temperature, a sore throat and all that.
This kind of dizzyness can also derive from a crick in the neck. I had true attacks of vertigo many years ago and after a rallye of exams with various docs, that was the diagnosis. Vomiting, however, does not go with that...

If you feel HUNGRY and have an appetite, you could try to start eating again. Toast with nothing is my usual "first food" after something like that. Or apple sauce (doesn't hurt when it comes back out... :oops: - sorry! ;))

I think I might be not so bad...I did have a few peices of toast and so far so good. Hopefully I don't have it as bad as my little brother did, and it's just a passing thing.

Most reactions

Back