Fluff from the Sky

True_Shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With some CC I made a few changes with Photoshop and thought I'd share my picture here. :)
I liked this pic because I shot it toward the sky with the fluffy seeds falling toward the camera, so yeah... here it is.

IMG_0759_hf_hf.jpg

With some CC I made a few changes with Photoshop and thought I'd share my picture here. :)
I liked this pic because I shot it toward the sky with the fluffy seeds falling toward the camera, so yeah... here it is.

IMG_0759_hf_hf.jpg

So what did you do? I dont really see much difference? Original posted shot below :

IMG_0759_hf.jpg

a touch more contrast, maybe.. but not any better! looks like you tried to touch up the falling seeds somehow.. they have a weird outline around them in both shots..

a touch more contrast, maybe.. but not any better! looks like you tried to touch up the falling seeds somehow.. they have a weird outline around them in both shots..

Nope not even contrast. I just tried to make the seeds more distinguishable from the white sky background by darkening the area around the seeds. Due to limited C&C, the meshing colours of the background and the seeds was the only advice given to me.
Please feel free to advise me on how to improve this picture.
Also, what are these weird outlines you speak of? Lol

Last edited:

Nope not even contrast. I just tried to make the seeds more distinguishable from the white sky background by darkening the area around the seeds. Due to limited C&C, the meshing colours of the background and the seeds was the only advice given to me.

Somebody who was really good at photoshop could do it.. separate it into layers.. selectively darken some layers, while increasing constrast on other... etc..... but I don't think I could do it... and based on what you have done so far, I don't know if you have the skills.

Next time.. watch the background.. or use flash to separate the foreground better. Get it right the first time..

Somebody who was really good at photoshop could do it.. separate it into layers.. selectively darken some layers, while increasing constrast on other... etc..... but I don't think I could do it... and based on what you have done so far, I don't know if you have the skills.

Next time.. watch the background.. or use flash to separate the foreground better. Get it right the first time..
It would not be a viable or good option for this picture because it seems to have an interference when it is darkened past a certain threshold...
Also, when one shoots toward the sky, what would you suggest to properly expose white hair-like structures against a white sky?
I guess I wish I could get it right the first time, but that's what practice is for... is it not? :)

It would not be a viable or good option for this picture because it seems to have an interference when it is darkened past a certain threshold...
Also, when one shoots toward the sky, what would you suggest to properly expose white hair-like structures against a white sky?
I guess I wish I could get it right the first time, but that's what practice is for... is it not? :)

That is why I said "Somebody who was really good at photoshop could do it."

light flash application.. would darken the sky and make the white "pop"... just have to be very careful with exposure....

light flash application.. would darken the sky and make the white "pop"... just have to be very careful with exposure....

Light flash application? The built-in flash? I'll try that next time. I would have thought it would make the picture seem more unnatural looking.

PS- You use quite a few ellipses... haha :p

Light flash application? The built-in flash? I'll try that next time. I would have thought it would make the picture seem more unnatural looking.

PS- You use quite a few ellipses haha

Yes.. I am addicted to them! ...

PS- You use quite a few ellipses haha

Yes.. I am addicted to them! ...
I see. Training me in photography while keeping me on my toes with grammar lol.

pop-up may be a bit harsh! Make a diffuser out of paper, coffee filter, etc...

Google "pop-up flash diffusers" or some such! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back