Fluffy brides

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been instructed on this forum and my Photography Club leader to not shot a larger bride below the waste or put them partly behind something. I don't shoot weddings, but do shoot bridal. All the brides I have shot, under 10, are comfortable with their size. They spend as much on a dress as a thinner individual does on a dress and want it photographed. Although I try to shoot in poses to make them look slimmer, I still have to shoot waist down and from the back head on to get a good photo of the dress. Now, I am small woman, but all of the brides I taken photos of have been from a little fluffy to very large. How do you, guys, who shoot weddings deal with increasing larger size beautiful brides?

IMO, the single most important aspect of this is to determine how comfortable the person is with their size. If they are truly happy with it, then you shoot them just like anyone else using normal lighting and posing. If they are maybe wishing that they were a few pounds lighter, then there are lots of techniques, from simple 3/4 poses to lighting, the use of props and masking (behind/beside something), higher shooting positions, and longer glass.

Thank you for your advice. You got me on that one. Didn't catch it! Lol :)

Like this.....

Notice the posts.

posts by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Remember to have them Tea cup (bend arms)

The trick isn't to make them look like something they are not, but to just flatter what they are. I do try to shoot from above if at all possible.
Have them press the tongue to the roof of the mouth to help with double chins or even just a little extra under the chin.
Hide what you can. Make sure you are never shooting at an angle that will make them their widest. A slight turn off center helps a LOT. Wedding dresse4s for larger brides are constructed to flatter or create the actual bust line-use it.
Be careful of showing a broad side of the face as well as the full face-it tends to make the face look even wider. If you do shoot like that make sure that there is a difference in lighting and not flat lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back