Flushed

I think it's very well-done... nice contrast, nice subtle texture in the cards, kind of interesting how it's mostly all black and white and the drawings on the cards are hidden... but in general I think the subject matter is just kind of boring. I usually don't find playing cards all that interesting. But that's just my opinion. But like I said, it is well-done, which makes it at least more interesting than if it were average or mediocre quality.

yeah, and the amazing part is that when i blew that up to a 11x14 in the dark room the texture is still there!!.. its crazy.. overal, i like the photo alot.. the lighting was a lil tough but i think it came out great..
anyone else?

I'm a huge poker player, and have seen one hand too many. Unfortunately never this hand either. Perhaps a shot of these cards as they're being curled up, with an obvious game going on in the background?

Hmmmm I might try that.

Replic said:
I'm a huge poker player, and have seen one hand too many. Unfortunately never this hand either. Perhaps a shot of these cards as they're being curled up, with an obvious game going on in the background?

Hmmmm I might try that.

hmm, it was a macro shot so the background woulda been kinda pointless lol...This shot could also be like a bar or place where you play poker picture to hang on the wall...ive have a few people ask about it and had a few interested buyers for copies....

Very nice.. I like it the way it is.. The only thing I dont like is the corner of the 10 being cut off.. but sometimes you can't help that.. Great shot :)

I like the image but poker is played on a table. Either green felt (use a pool table) or wood. It would put a bit of color as a frame for composition. I also think the cards ought to have some character as a previous person mentioned. Stains and/or wrinkles look more realistic. But what the heck the hand itself is fantasy so why not the cards as well.

I agree with HogHunter, you need the green of the playing table with the perfect black and white of the cards. I don't however agree that the cards need to be used. This is a fantasy hand and the perfect condition adds to the fantasy. Perfect for a pool hall or poker tournament or even someone's play room.

Most reactions

Back