Flutter-bys

bluesaphyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I went to the Butterfly House this past weekend to try out my new 50mm 1.8 lens, and here are my 3 faves.

Comments & Critique welcome.

Thanks for Looking!
Julie

48416513_2d0c81976c_o.jpg

48416528_4959f11fdd_o.jpg

48416546_31869d37a4_o.jpg

The first shot is an excellent picture. I would only add a little amount of sharpening to it to really bring out the details of this lovely butterfly. Try adding smart sharpen at 0.1 radius and about 140% amount. Or if you'd like I can post my vision of it :) Really, excellent picture.

i really like the 2nd shot, these are great, i wish i had a butterfly house near me, this looks like fun.

I like'em all! Wonderful captures :thumbup:!

toruonu said:
The first shot is an excellent picture. I would only add a little amount of sharpening to it to really bring out the details of this lovely butterfly. Try adding smart sharpen at 0.1 radius and about 140% amount. Or if you'd like I can post my vision of it :) Really, excellent picture.

Thanks for the tip. I know digital photos usually need to be sharpened a bit, but I always forget to do it. :blushing:

Thanks also JTHphoto and Knopka for the comments.

Julie

You 50mm lens creates some lovely bokeh, I really like that.
Now I wish I had one, too, even more... but they seem to be re-gaining a huge popularity right now and you no longer get any of those "cheap" ... not even in Ebay! Whoa!

Oh, I just noticed you actually had three pictures, not two :) for some reason I originally only saw pics number 2 and 3 and my original comment was in regard to pic nr 2 :D

Most reactions

Back