Flying Chipmunk

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can just see the Mod’s fingers twitching getting ready to move this over to the Nature & Landscape forum ;)

Despite having to work all weekend I managed to squeeze in this Air-to-air shoot with the World’s oldest flying deHavilland Canada Chipmunk. The owner, Dave Gillespie, flew the aircraft to Toronto two months ago for the 60th anniversary of the type and has now picked it up and is heading to Oshkosh before returning home to Saskatoon.

11chip20067232927bwcopy.jpg

11chip20067232858copy.jpg

11chip20067232888copy.jpg

11chip20067232931copy.jpg

Man, I love doing this kind of work. It is a dream come true for me.

Eric

:lol: You were so right, I had the mouse poised to click and move!

I LOVE that first one. Absolutely stellar tones.

awesome shots! i really like the first one, because i love B&Ws and this one was done prefect... i also love the look of land under the planes in those heights...kinda weird since im afraid of heights.:lol:

beautiful captures eric! diggin the bw tones in the first :)
thanks for sharing these :D

:biggrin: Hard to control that mod finger here - but ... I'll just leave them here for "the masses to see" (and more "masses" come to General than go into Landscape and Nature) - these and particularly the first are worth to be viewed by many many many! Your tones, DOF, position of plane within the frame are all so good, I don't even miss the greens :wink: !!!

In each frame both pilot and passenger are looking at us! Wow, they were really posing! Cool.

Well I'ce never seen a chrome chipmunk before, great shots

wow, that first shot is stunning airic, great captures man! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, that first one just cried for me to turn it into B/W. I have studied all the great aviation photographers from the 50s and 60s and this looks like it is right out of one of their books. Just what I was looking for and I know the pilot also loves B/W and was looking for a vintage type of shot.

Eric

Most reactions

Back