flying - x-rays- film - oops?

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Went through stansted the other day and put my camera (dynax 5) through as hand luggage with my 35mm film, MF film, digital camera etc. I checked with the guy who was operating the machine and he said it would all be fine. I went to use my dynax, put the film in and it flashed up with a 0 where it indicates what number frame you're on. The film loads fine, but it sorta just sits there and flashes, not letting me do anything. I take the film out and the camera works perfectly. The digital works fine.

Can anyone help? It's cheap 400 iso film but I've already wasted two rolls trying to sort this out. I also went googling for the manual for the camera but Minolta seems to have taken it down.

ahh... ferny... have you been away so long that you've forgotten where to post? hehehe ;-) Nice to see you here.

I had the same problem with my canon EOS 100 the other week when I loaded my IR film... I thought... uh oh it's not recognising it... but the only problem was that I didn't pull it out far enough... and it just wasn't taking it up. Have you tried pulling a bit more film out of the canister... and also maybe checking there's no dusty stuff on the metal contacts that read the film iso thingy. (yes i'm a language major.... hehe)

Me = tit.

Took it into a camera shop and they said it was a fault with the camera.

Took it into Jessops, she had a look and replied "you've pushed the film in too far, here you go". :blushing:

Now to develop four rolls of colour 135, one of b&w 135 and a colour and b&w 120. Yes, I used my Holga. :shock:

ferny said:
Took it into a camera shop and they said it was a fault with the camera.

Don't ever ask them for advice again....only buy if you know precisely what you want.
They don't sound too good!!!

ferny said:
Now to develop four rolls of colour 135, one of b&w 135 and a colour and b&w 120. Yes, I used my Holga.

YAY!! :cheer: that's awesome!!!

I was using my Holga yesterday infact... it's so much fun - but I always feel like a complete idiot using it out in public. :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back