GermanyBert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
perpetualimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all!

I guess for right now I am the FNG here (for at least the next few hours or maybe a day).

I am getting back into photography as a hobby after a 25 year break! I took photography in highschool and did pretty well but just dropped out (of photography, not highschool!) after going into the US Army. Everything was manual back then and I only shot B/W. I had wanted to continue but I had other priorities and just never seemed to get back around to it.

I should have continued the hobby during my Army years though since I travelled to many exotic locations (Hawaii, South Korea, Kosovo, Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, and many European countries) and would probably by now have a pretty good portfolio.

I don't plan on becoming a pro or even semi-pro photographer. I just want to enjoy the hobby and make photos that I like. If someone else likes them then that is just the icing on the cake.

I am an American but have lived in Germany for almost 12 years. Yup....I married a beautiful Frauline and stayed here after retiring from the Army.

I hope to gain a better understanding of the photographical arts and hopefully years from now I will be able to pass along some of the knowledge that I learn from the veteran artists here.

Heya Bert, welcome to ThePhotoForum!
I so hope for you that you'll get your old hobby back up and running soon, so you can show us your photos and talk about them, and about anything else around them, too.
Too bad you only decided to join us now. Our big international Germany Meet-Up is just over - a super-long, very, very photo-intense thread on it can be found at the top of the General Gallery. That thread's still growing, not all who were here have actually posted all their photos. Check it out.

You are more towards the south, I'd assume...?

Hi Bert, welcome aboard. Have you traveled through Romania as well?

Too bad you only decided to join us now. Our big international Germany Meet-Up is just over - a super-long, very, very photo-intense thread on it can be found at the top of the General Gallery. That thread's still growing, not all who were here have actually posted all their photos. Check it out.

You are more towards the south, I'd assume...?

MAN!! Just my luck!!

Yeah, I live a bit south of Heidelberg in a small town called St. Leon-Rot.

No I have never been to Romania but may have a chance since I still work for the US Army and we are starting to do a lot of training there.

Hey, someone living in Germany :) ... welcome

Oh, for one month your German is very good :)

Well, so we will see you on the next meetup in Germany then? ;)

Not one month in Germany. One month on this forum.

Ich bin seit 12 jahren im Deutschland.

Ah, OK, sorry, got that mixed up ;)

I think your group might be a bit far from me. Anyone in Baden-Wuerttemberg?

There is no group in a very local sense. Also, there are not that many Germans on the forum.
LaFoto and I for example live at least as far apart as you and I ;)
The last meetup in Germany was international, not regional :)

Most reactions

Back