fng question from old man

mysteryscribe said:
got to love a man with wide experience.

ROFLMAO!

Well, been lucky so far with collecting. The missus never objected to that weakness of mine but I gotta say that I'm thinking of various excuses, just in case...

Plan ahead is a good motto. Wait that's be prepared. I'm thinking self defense plea personally.

by the way I wonder If I would have bought the 6x6 had I known it didn't have a split image viewfinder. Just plain old ground glass. That might be a problem. Of course all my views have ground glass so maybe not.

Well here is something that has never come up for me in the ten years more or less I have been butchering cameras.

the photina came in with a stuck lens so I put my time on it. Then it had dirty elements so I took the lens apart and cleaned the glass. then of course I put it back together four times till I got it right.

No that isnt the first this is the first. I went to shoot the film and it wouldnt advance. The wind knob just kept turning. I guess someone turned it with a wrench or someothng and stipped it.

Well I had never replaced one and of course I have junked all my junk cameras in a massivie "I'm never going to build another camera" fit. I did find an old camera with a more simple wind mechanizm. I have it stuck on with fb weld waiting for it to cure. I had to put it on three times to get it so that it might work. No guarentee of course.

If it doesn't and I have to strip the lens from the twin lens any idea what I can do with it. Im thinking slap it on a 127 kodak brownie type twinlens or a duoflex just to be a donkey about it.

first test shot from the photina after I wound up completely rebuilding the take up mechanizm. Unlocking the shutter.. taking the lens apart and cleaning it.. otherwise it was perfect...
311m6ns.jpg

Most reactions

Back