Focal BRAND lens with Sony A350?

BigMcLargeHuge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oravikmatt.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Sony A350 and was wondering if Focal brand lenses are compatible with it? My dad used to use it with his 35mm Minolta setup so if it's compatible with Minolta and Minolta is compatible with Sony...is Focal compatible with Sony?

sounds like it.. best thing to do is take your camera with you to wherever you saw the lens, and try it out..

im not sure, but i heard Minolta had 2 different kinds of mounts, and that 1 isn't compatible with the Sony mount... Yeah, turns out there were 2. The SR mount and the a-Mount.

If its the later it will fit and work, if not, i dont think it will...

heres a site i use when looking for old lenses and compatibility.... Minolta Sony alpha lens database - Dyxum.com

im not sure, but i heard Minolta had 2 different kinds of mounts, and that 1 isn't compatible with the Sony mount... Yeah, turns out there were 2. The SR mount and the a-Mount.

If its the later it will fit and work, if not, i dont think it will...

heres a site i use when looking for old lenses and compatibility.... Minolta Sony alpha lens database - Dyxum.com

Thanks for the link.:thumbup: I'll be going to my dad's tomorrow to get his lenses. I really hope they all fit. That would give me a total of 5 lenses to mess around with.

Well I'm bummed, the lenses don't fit my sony. He was wrong about the brands. 1 is a vivitar and the other 2 are hoya. Only the camera itself is minolta.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back