focus question

This Photo was taken in Shutter Priority, 1/160 second.
Your camera then picked the correct F Stop to get you the best exposure (well tried to)
A slower shutter speed here would have raised the Fstop (smaller hole) and have given you a Wider Depth Of Field.

(crossing fingers, think I have it correct now)

I will buy that book today! I do trust you julie32, I have read alot of your posts and have learned alot from you already. Thank you. I appreciate your answers dslrchat and alex_b I have read alot of your posts and learned from you as well. I really appreciate everyones help! Thank you!

I do shoot in auto alot because I am not to sure about the manual settings.

Just try and play ... Av is almost like automatic, just you preset the aperture and ISO, and the camera decides for the shutter speed needed according to its light meter. You have more creative control over what happens, but still you need not to set aperture and shutter speed individually then.

take some identical shots (same ISO, same focus) with varying apertures and compare them.

This Photo was taken in Shutter Priority, 1/160 second.
Your camera then picked the correct F Stop to get you the best exposure (well tried to)
A slower shutter speed here would have raised the Fstop (smaller hole) and have given you a Wider Depth Of Field.

(crossing fingers, think I have it correct now)

Sounds reasonable :) .. I did not read the EXIF myself, so I did not know it was in shutter priority.

Thank you everyone!

I will buy that book today! I do trust you julie32, I have read alot of your posts and have learned alot from you already. Thank you. I appreciate your answers dslrchat and alex_b I have read alot of your posts and learned from you as well. I really appreciate everyones help! Thank you!

thanks :) good to know my babbling on here does help sometimes ;)

hey alex, I think I'm one of those 'less technical people!' :)

I am rather technical, but then again I started photography before said book was on the market, and I never read any book on photography until recently ;)

Alex_b, You are a great resource and valuable asset to this forum. Thank you for your time!

Most reactions

Back