focusing question

flyingPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have one of the 75 to 300 telephoto lenses with VR and have a funny question or to on its functioning.

1. The camera, a D7500, and this lens the lens will focus at about 2' from an object, but NOT take the photo

2. if i MANUALLY focus at that range, the shutter works and it takes a photo.

is this a lens thing or just a manual versus auto focus thing

Does the camera indicate autofocus?

it does the onboard, in lens autofocus with manual selected on the control dial.
Only gives you ONE square to use for aiming, but it does the autofocus for you.

It will focus, it takes alot of work, but at that short range the camera will NOT work the shutter and take a photo.

But at the same range, if i manually work the focus ring, it WILL fire the shutter and take the photo

But is the camera confirming autofocus (beeping)?

Sounds like you are closer than the minimum focus distance of the lens. In most AF modes your shutter won't fire until the camera acheives focus, maual mode overides it. Which lens do you have exactly?

The min focus distance is 10' (3 m) [5/1.5 m in Macro setting] with the Nikkor 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF

Sounds like you are closer than the minimum focus distance of the lens. In most AF modes your shutter won't fire until the camera acheives focus, maual mode overides it. Which lens do you have exactly?
Ditto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back