Fogo Island Longliner

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my neighbor's old longliner that is tied up directly in front of my house. He just put it back in the water last week for the first time in two years. Last year, just as Ron was about to launch it, he took a bad fall down the embankment and suffered multiple fractures to his pelvis, so was out of commission for the whole summer. He has finally healed, and promises to take my daughter Jacqueline and I out on the water regularly. Hopefully we can soon get some good up-close captures of the whales and icebergs! You may recall my humpback whale pics from two summers ago, when the boat was completely surrounded by dozens of them!

These images were taken with my Sony Alpha, and old Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens. It was too dark at the time for my kit lens, but the vintage Minolta lens made it look like daytime!

Today my new Lowepro Flipside 400 backpack arrived in the mail, so I am ready to again hit the trails, this time in comfort. No more carrying a large and cumbersome suitcase-style camera case!

Jacqueline is now finished school for the summer, her leg is healing nicely, and we should be hiking the Lion's Den trail later this week.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland : about my photography:

DSC02428a700pix.jpg

DSC02439a900pix.jpg

DSC02431a900pix.jpg

DSC02417a900pix.jpg

Beautiful shots, suprised I'm the first to comment, first is my favorite, really gritty feel to them.

The color, contrast and overall detail is dead on. Well done.

Reminds me of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2DFa18kYI]this song[/ame]. I think that would be considered a cape islander, right?

Nice shots, love the second one.

I really like the angle of the second photo, with the cloud background.

I like the first one best

#1 is fantastic. Is it HDR? Or just grad ND filter or clever PP?

Really nice photos! I love those waves on the water......

They should be on travel magzine~

Are you a photographer for travel magzine?

Fokker, I don't know anything about HDR, though would like to learn some time. I don't use any filters for my captures. I do occasionally boost the contrast and saturation a bit though.
Thanks,
Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Thanks Skywalker! No, I am not a travel magazine photographer; I'm just a guy who was forced into early retirement by a permanent spinal injury, and likes to get outside with his cameras when he is able (healthwise)
Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Thanks Altitude604, and also to all the rest of you, for such kind comments. Very much appreciated!
Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Most reactions

Back